OxyGuard Handy Polaris 2 TGP
The OxyGuard Handy Polaris TGP (Total Gas Pressure) Meter is a hand-held gas pressure meter that doubles as a dissolved oxygen meter. It can operate in three display modes- as a standard Handy Polaris dissolved oxygen (DO) meter, as a TGP meter displaying percent saturation, or as a TGP meter displaying pressures as volume percentage values. The user can choose which value is shown on the display.
The instrument also incorporates a data logger. Menu functions, along with an intuitive interface, make the Handy Polaris TGP/DO/Temperature meter easy to use for novice and experienced users alike.
The OxyGuard Handy Polaris TGP/DO/Temperature Meter also includes a membrane kit (10 O-rings/10 membranes), 50 ml electrolyte, membrane installation tool, and cathode cleaning pad.
The Polaris 2 TGP is designed for easy use and to give accurate here-and-now measurements of both the dissolved oxygen and the dissolved rest gases - i.e. the gases that can cause decompression sickness - “the bends” - in fish. This is achieved because the instrument measures all three pressures needed - the dissolved oxygen, the total dissolved gas and the atmospheric.
Maintenance is easy - the DO measurement is made using the well-known OxyGuard Handy probe, and the TGP measurement tube sensor element can easily be exchanged if necessary.
The OxyGuard TGP probe can be directly connected to OxyGuard Commander, Convoy and Pacific systems. It can only be used with these systems. It does not need a separate transmitter or input unit, but communicates values directly. Only one field bus data cable connection is needed - the cable has cores for both data and the 24 V DC supply needed by the probe.
The TGP is designed for easy use. The measurement tube is wound on a central bobbin that is held in place by the protector. If the tube becomes fouled you simply unscrew the protector, unplug the bobbin and tube and fit a replacement.
Precise measurements are obtained by placing the TGP in the air and matching - or calibrating - the TGP against the barometric pressure sensor of the DO Meter or Pacific of the system. This means that a very accurate value of the difference between the gas pressure in the water and the gas pressure in the air can be obtained. The pressure measurements can also both be calibrated against the absolute value of the barometric pressure if this is known accurately.
The TGP has the same diameter as a standard OxyGuard probe so that standard mounting devices can be used.
- Dimensions: Meter 98 mm diameter x 36 mm
- Probe: 58 mm x 110 mm + cable gland
- Cable Length: Standard 3 m. Other on request.
- Operating Conditions: Probe: -5 to +45°C, meter -20 to +60°C.
- Encapsulation (meter): Short-term immersion proof to 5m depth.
- Display: Graphical LCD display. Variable backlight.
- Parameters measured: Oxygen partial pressure, atmospheric pressure, total dissolved gas pressure, temperature at probe.
- Parameters displayed: DO in mg/l, % sat, % vol. TGP in % sat. Rest gas in % sat, % vol. Temperature in °C or °F.
- Measuring range, DO: 0-60.0 ppm (mg/l), 0-600% saturation and 0-60% vol.
- Oxygen Probe Type: Galvanic cell, self polarizing, self temperature compensating. DO measurement automatically compensated for temperature and barometric pressure. Manual salinity compensation between 0-59 ppt salinity. DO accuracy depends on calibration accuracy. Typically better than +/- 1% of measured value +/- 1 digit within the standard measuring range. DO measurement repeatability typically better than +/- 0.5% of measured value. Response Time (DO) 90% of end value in less than 20 seconds in water.
- Measuring range, pressures: to over 200% sat, 2 bar. Accuracy +/- 2% of value
- Measuring range, temp: -5 to +45°C. Accuracy +/- 0.2°C.
- Self-check of: Probe function, meter function, cable, battery.
- Accessories included: Storage pouch, DO probe membranes with O-rings & electrolyte, cathode cleaning pad, storage pouch.